Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cycle Day 1-We start again

Well, as you can see from the title, its cycle day 1 again. 

My period started with force over night.  Ugh....  This is a very painful and heavy period.  A lot of clotting and cramping.

I called my doctor today.  I go in first thing in the morning for a baseline scan.  However, I have to make an appointment for a consultation with Dr. James to discuss our future.  They usually allow 3 cycles on one step before moving on.  I've had 4 unsuccessful rounds on the follistim. 

I'm scared because I know the next step is IVF.  IVF is also very expensive.  $10,000-$15,000 a cycle.  And there is still no guarantee. 

Bottom line is, I can't afford that!  I'm scared because I'm afraid we are approaching the end of our road on this journey and its not the destination I had planned.

3 comments:

  1. damn, damn, damn! sooo very sorry1

    ReplyDelete
  2. of your 349 facebook friends, if only 60% kicked in $25, it would get you close to 5k...
    sketty dinner fundraiser...

    ReplyDelete