Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Let's do this.... again.

This is far from the start of my journey with infertility.  This is a little over 10 years into my journey.  I don't intend to share my entire history in this blog, only this leg of the mission.  Hopefully the last leg.

A brief background for those of you who do not know me.  I was diagnosed with PCOS over 10 years ago, after a miscarriage.  If you want a full background on PCOS, visit this link, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome .  The gist is my body doesn't produce the right amount of female hormones, and produces too many male hormones.  This results in blood sugar issues, excess body weight, and excessive body hair.  Oh ya, it also makes it really difficult to get pregnant.

In all, I've had 4 miscarriages and a few failed adoption attempts.  I miss all of my babies, and anxiously wait for the day that I can hold my child.  Take them home and give them everything I have.


Now that you have the Cliff notes of my history, we can get started on this journey together.

My goal is to include some photos and videos of my experiences.  Some will involve needles, but I'll try to put a warning before them so if you are bothered by it, you have a heads up.  ;) 

So, there, its my 'intro' if you want to call it that. 

Here we go....

No comments:

Post a Comment